Parts Professional Authors
CVSA Roadcheck Readiness
The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) will be conducting International Roadcheck 2018 from June 5 – 7. This annual three-day event is the largest targeted safety enforcement and outreach event in the world. During a 72-hour period, nearly 15 trucks or buses will be inspected, on average, every minute across North America.
The CVSA recommends the following tips to keep your truck or bus safe and help you avoid violations:
- Inspect your brakes. In 2017, one of the top out-of-service vehicle violations were for brake systems. Insufficient brake maintenance also contributes to commercial truck and bus crashes. Be sure to do the following when examining your brakes:
- Check for missing, non-functioning, loose, contaminated or cracked parts on the brake system.
- Check for audible air leaks around brake components and lines.
- Check brake adjustment and measure pushrod travel.
Ask your Kenworth/Peterbilt service advisor for additional information on brake maintenance and safety.
- Wear a seatbelt. It sounds simple, but seatbelt violations are one of the most common violations. Buckling up will help you avoid unnecessary violations and, more importantly, help you stay safe.
- Check your lighting. Look at all required lamps for proper color, operation, mounting and visibility. Consider replacing any cracked or broken lights with all-makes TRP LED lights for an energy-efficient and durable option. TRP LED lights don’t contain filament and have a high-impact polycarbonate lens for greater nighttime visibility.
- Pre inspect your vehicle. Check for any load securement issues and make sure your mirrors are clean and adjusted properly.
For more resources on CVSA 2018, go here, and visit your Kenworth service advisor for more Roadcheck tips.
Your Local Kenworth Dealer
Truck Enterprises Manassas, Inc.
9599 Hawkins Dr
Manassas, va 20109
Phone Number: 571-921-1127
- Drive Safe with Meritor® Medium-Duty Brakes
- Meet the Demands of Your Business With Bezares PTOs
- Choosing the Right Air Dryer Cartridge to Protect Your Brakes
- Get the Most Out of Your Fan Clutch With Horton’s DM Advantage®
- Reinforce Your Truck with Comfort and Control by Investing in PACCAR OE Shocks
- TRP: 20 Years of Quality and Value
- The Right Drum for the Right Application
- For Flexibility and Durability, Think TRP Exhaust Bellows
- TRP All-Makes All-March Event
- TRP Introduces Fan Clutch Repair Kits
- TRP Introduces All-Makes Super Heavy Duty AC Compressors
- TRP Announces New Warranty And Product Offerings For Performance-tested Air Springs
- TRP® Introduces New Lubricant Program
- TRP A/C Compressors Withstands the Most Demanding Applications
- Control the Road Ahead With TRP® Tie Rod Ends
- Tips for Safe Driving at Night
- Get a Sharper View with Kenworth T680 Mirrors
- 4 Tips to Start Spring with Safety
- Spring Bus Maintenance: 5 Systems You Should Check Right Now
- CVSA Roadcheck 2016
- Put Brake Safety on the Top of Your List
- Spring Safety Tips 2017
- CVSA Roadcheck Readiness